Congratulations on your placement at Lakeshore Elementary School. We welcome you and your family to our diverse community. Your child will soon enjoy a rich curriculum with our wonderful classroom teachers in a beautiful natural environment. They will participate in several creative enrichment programs and explore a wide variety of gardens that provide science curriculum opportunities as well as experiential learning.
Preparing for the school year can feel overwhelming. Here are some tips to help.
- Attend our events. All events are listed on our calendar. View this post for a listing of events appropriate for incoming families.
- Make sure you received a packet with details about Orientation. For 2017-18, packet materials will be sent home and available online in May.
- Decide on before- and after-school care if needed. Depending on the program, you may be able to enroll even after school starts, but signing up earlier secures your spot in some of the programs.
- Fill in any paperwork, including scheduling a doctor’s checkup to fill in medical forms if necessary.
- Fill in the free and reduced meal form (even if you aren’t participating in free/reduced meals). Our school benefits if we get 100% form completion!
- Set up an online account at MyPaymentsPlus to make paying for meals easier.
- Once school starts, complete and return the Student Emergency/Medical Information Card.
- Label your children’s belongings and frequently check the Lost and Found to reclaim items. The Lost and Found is cleared out at the end of each month.
- Stay connected:
- When providing contact information, include an email address so teachers and Room Parents have a more timely way to provide important information
- Join the listserv
- Follow us on Facebook
- Check the Calendar and News section of the website for periodic updates and weekly posts of our school newsletter, the Paw Print Press
- Make your voice heard by joining the PTA
If you have any questions about our school, please call (415) 759-2828.