Congratulations on your placement at Lakeshore Elementary School. We welcome you and your family to our diverse community. Your child will soon enjoy a rich curriculum with our wonderful classroom teachers in a beautiful natural environment. They will participate in several creative enrichment programs and explore a wide variety of gardens that provide science curriculum opportunities as well as experiential learning.
Preparing for the school year can feel overwhelming. Here are some tips to help.
Never miss an event! Add the Lakeshore Calendar to your personal Google calendar or your iOS device.
Add the Lakeshore Calendar to your Google calendar on your desktop.
Add the Lakeshore calendar to your iOS device.
Fill in any paperwork, including scheduling a doctor’s checkup to fill in medical forms if necessary. You can find Immunization and Health Form requirements here (see the section “Physical Exam Requirement”).
Once school starts, complete and return the Student Emergency/Medical Information Card.
Start-of-School Flyers and Forms
- June Introduction letter from the PTA
- August Welcome letter from our Principal
- MANDATORY Free and reduced meal survey – fill in even if you aren’t participating in free/reduced meals. Our school benefits if we get 100% form completion! We did it in 2016-17. Let’s do it again!
- MANDATORY Kinder readiness questionnaire
- MANDATORY Kinder after-school arrangements
- MANDATORY School communication contact info
- PTA membership letter and join online or download and print form
- Volunteer form – Coming 8/18. Learn more about volunteering and sign up online.
- Room parent information and form
- Before- and after-school options
- Family participation expectations
- Support Lakeshore while making everyday purchases
- First Day Welcome Coffee/Ice Cream Social flyer
- Kinder supplies list
Decide on before- and after-school care if needed.
- When providing contact information, include an email address so teachers and Room Parents have a more timely way to provide important information
- Join the listserv
- Follow us on Facebook
- Check the Calendar and News section of the website for periodic updates and weekly posts of our school newsletter, the Paw Print Press
- Make your voice heard by joining the PTA
Set up an online account at MyPaymentsPlus to make paying for meals easier.
Make sure your child has the right supplies by checking this list.
Label your children’s belongings and frequently check the Lost and Found to reclaim items. The Lost and Found is cleared out at the end of each month.
If you have any questions about our school, please call (415) 759-2828.