Room Parents serve as the liaison between the teacher and the class parents as well as the PTA and the class parents.
As a Room Parent, you consult with the teacher to determine his or her needs and then help make those things happen by enlisting the help of other parents/guardians.
Key responsibilities for room parents include:
- Communication – Make sure all families know about Lakeshore activities
- Auction – Support the annual auction by organizing a class donation and encouraging participation
- Superhero Saturday – Help organize an activity booth at and encourage participation
- PTA Meetings – Get donations for snacks for one meeting
- Teacher Tasks – Work with teacher on any tasks like coordinating room volunteers, class celebrations, field trips, or requesting supplies
- Teacher Appreciation – Help encourage volunteers and donors for 2 teacher luncheons per year, Teacher Appreciation Week, and tokens of thanks from your class
- Room Parents work together and should divide up tasks. You won’t be doing this alone!
- Room Parents are not expected to provide extra funds.
We need your help to create and maintain a rewarding community for Lakeshore School. So please sign up!
There will be a Room Parent informational meeting on Wednesday, August 30, 2017 at 6 pm. All parents who are signing up should plan to attend.
You can also look for flyers requesting Room Parent volunteers or contact: roomparent(a)lakeshoreelementary.org
Documents for Room Parents
Thank you for volunteering to be a room parent!
Below are some resources to help you with this incredibly important and impactful position.
(2017-18 documents coming soon!)