Puberty Education Resources
THANK YOU to Puberty Education expert Ivy Chen for tonight’s presentation of the materials and program she will be teaching at Lakeshore in 1.5 weeks. Fourth and fifth grade room parents have received the handouts to forward to families in their classes. They are also available here:
1. 4th and 5th grade puberty workshop outlines
2. Recommended puberty education books for 4th and 5th grade
3. Communication tips
4. Ivy Chen’s bio
Printouts will also be available on the small bulletin board in the lobby opposite the front doors.
Former PTA President and event lead Mimi Rosenheim described some great events to look forward to at Lakeshore.
Here’s a quick recap and ways to participate.
- Walk-a-thon, Friday, Oct. 14, 1-3:30pm sign up online – coming right up! Students walk for 45 minutes around the track at Lakeshore Elementary. Along they way, they get their hands stamped for every lap, zip through a wall of bubbles, rehydrate with cups of water, and get refreshed with sprayed mist! The event ends with a cool treat of popsicles. It’s run by staff and family volunteers. This is an active way to have fun and raise money for the school. Now is the time to get those pledges in! Pledges can be per lap but work best with a flat donation request (e.g., $20). You can turn in pledges using the envelope that was sent home or have friends and family donate online.
- Halloween setup on Sunday, Oct. 30, and carnival on Monday, Oct. 31 sign up online – Help us transform the Community Room into a spooktacular cave of creepy fun! Kids come with their classes to play carnival games and get their faces painted in 15 minute shifts from 11am-2:30pm. They receive a pumpkin or other (non-candy) prize on their way out the door. It’s the cutest. Come help set up, run the games, or clean up to help celebrate Halloween at Lakeshore!
- Disco Bingo, Friday, Jan. 13, 6:30-8pm – Support the teachers as they raise funds for their Social Committee, which enables teachers to show support for their celebrations and life events. It’s the Bingo we all know and love, but in between games, the lights go down and the disco music goes up! Come dressed in your best disco duds for a night of fun. The PTA also sells food prior to the start of the games. Help us feed hungry mouths and raise money for the PTA, or just come and play!
- Superhero Saturday, Saturday, Apr. 22, 11am-3pm – Lakeshore’s Spring carnival with superhero-themed games. Come dressed to impress as your favorite superhero and jump in the bounce house, play games, dance through the cake walk, and enjoy hot dogs and cotton candy. We need help setting up, running the games and booths, and cleaning up.
We’d love your help! Many ways to sign up: email volunteer@LakeshoreElementary.org, sign up at http://bit.ly/lsvol2016-17, pick up a pink volunteer form on the bulletin board in the lobby, or sign up for a specific event’s online signup above.